(Photo from 2017 gala courtesy Equanimity.)
On July 28, 2018, the Equanimity Awards Benefit Gala will take place inside the Royal Affairs Ballroom in Lewisville, TX. Hosted by musician Daniel Dodd-Ellis, the Equanimity Awards Benefit Gala will award change makers in the community while raising funds for JB Dondolo, Inc., a 501c3 non-profit which provides the simple, basic necessities to impoverished communities worldwide. Awards will be presented throughout the evening to honor citizens who are using their platforms to make change in the world. Entertainment will be provided by country singer IMAJ, musician/songwriter TOLU, and comedian Alfred Kainga. Proceeds from the gala will specifically go towards Phase II of the Hospital Hope Project, which will entail fixing and building new structures at the Igusi Clinic in Umguza, Matabeleland North, Zimbabwe. This effort will impact a community of 20,000 people.
2018 Honorees Include:
· Activist, philanthropist and Real Housewives of Dallas star, LeeAnne Locken, will receive theCommunity Impact Award for utilizing her social platforms and using her voice to bring attention and change to the causes she is passionate about, which include the LGBTQ community and animal care and rescue.
· Career coach, Rogers Vigne, will receive the Breakthrough Award for using his platform to enhance the human condition through his experiences, personal successes and failures.
· Author, mentor, and educator, Monica Johnson, will be presented with the Excellence Award.Monica is Founder, and CEO of Monica Johnson Enterprises LLC, which includes the brands That Girl is S.M.A.R.T., and OneWordMovement Charities, a nonprofit organization for mentoring young girls and Publishing House.
· Debra Nixon-Bowles will be honored with the Visionary Voice Award for her work with a “Women Called Moses”, a nonprofit organization which helps battered women and their children.
· Cassandra Bradford Wilson will receive the Women Empowerment Award
for using her platform to change how small business owners think, how the world views the entrepreneur, and how we ourselves define success.
· Noah McArthur will be honored with the People’s Choice Award for using his undying faith, ever-growing desire to be the best in all of his endeavors, and his quest to seek knowledge to be the driving force in relentless pursuit of excellence for not only himself, but his client and community.
· Actress, dancer, singer, model, choreographer, motivational speaker, and advocate, Colby Christina, will receive the Outstanding Teen Leader Award for using her platform to encourage, market and promote excellence for Teens and Tweens in the Arts.
· The Pan-African Thrive Award winner will be announced at the Equanimity Awards Benefit Gala.
Royal Affairs Ballroom is located at 140 E Main St, Lewisville, TX 75057. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Visit http://www.equanimitymag.com/Awards/index.html to purchase tickets or for more information. Tickets range from $99 for general admission to $175 for VIP seating. To purchase a table or to inquire about sponsorship opportunities, email Lumbie Mlambo at email@example.com.
ABOUT JB DONDOLO
JB Dondolo, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit which primarily exists to provide charitable services to impoverished communities worldwide. The company focuses on those markets that cannot afford the simple, basic necessities. The organization was founded by Dondolo’s children in November, 2012. It is named after their late father, J. B. Dondolo, an orphan, farmer, and humanitarian advocate whose values and principles on giving continue to inspire his children, friends, and families across the world. J. B. Dondolo played a critical role in the fight against poverty. Dondolo’s children saw the need to form a non-profit to honor their father so his legacy of good deeds would continue. The charity is interested in promoting, developing, and completing projects and programs that have been started but left incomplete or imagined but not started for a variety of reasons.www.jbdondolo.org