Rainbow Days is thrilled to announce the impact of the 2020 Pot of Gold Virtual Event, which featured keynote speaker Darren Woodson and was streamed on June 25 for a social media audience of hundreds of supporters.
Rainbow Days exceeded its fundraising goal of $50,000 by raising $52,086 through the virtual event thanks to donations and silent auction bidding. This amazing accomplishment – combined with sponsorship revenue – helped Rainbow Days raise a grand total of $215,104 through Pot of Gold 2020.
The Pot of Gold Virtual Event featured a keynote address from former Dallas Cowboys player Darren Woodson, who is active in the Dallas community and is a partner at commercial real estate firm esrp. Darren inspired the audience by telling his own personal life story, which highlighted the importance of positive mentors in a child’s life. Additionally, Darren answered a few personal questions asked by virtual event supporters.
In addition to a keynote address by Darren Woodson, the Pot of Gold Virtual Event included remarks from Rainbow Days CEO Tiffany Beaudine as well as moving program testimonials featuring children, youth and other partners who have benefited from Rainbow Days’ work in the community.
Thee Pot of Gold Virtual Event and Silent Auction were made possible through the hard work, time and resources of the wonderful 2020 Pot of Gold Committee members. Event leadership included Pot of Gold Chairs Tara and Tom Walsh and Pot of Gold Auction Chair Heather Appel. Special thanks are also in order for Victoria Snee, who served as the virtual event’s master of ceremonies.
Rainbow Days would also like to recognize the many sponsors, donors and volunteers who helped make the 2020 Pot of Gold Virtual Event possible. Featured here are the 2020 Pot of Gold sponsors:
- Presenting: Nancy Ann & Ray L. Hunt
- I WILL: Mary Kay and Tara & Tom Walsh + Winston Strawn LLP
- I CAN: Alyssa & Kurt Opella + LandMark Financial, Citi, ORIX and Thompson & Knight Foundation
- I AM: Advanced Group, Heather & Eric Appel, Phyllis & John Horan, Jill & Dale Hurd, Mary Jo & James McKellar, Janet & Robert Mitchell, National Life Group, The Oxley Family and Thompson Coburn LLP
- Table Hosts: Jennifer & Jody Bishop, Tiffany & Terry Beaudine, Beth Bedell + Texas Instruments, Stephanie Bowers, Nikki Chriesman-Green, Loree & Drew Cullum, Sharon & Stuart Cornwall, Alyson & David Elliott, Ernst & Young, Friends of Prince of Peace, Daniel Manriquez, Rebecca & Michael Massiatte, Minerva Consulting, Catherine & Fred Rowsey, Steven Stodghill, Texas Mutual Insurance Co. and Nicole Williams
- Half Table: Carrie Carter, DIFFA/Dallas, Frost Bank, Sarah Clifford, Steckler Gresham Cochran and Veritas Advisory Group
- Media: Good Life Family Magazine and Real News PR
A replay of the Pot of Gold Virtual Event stream can be viewed on Rainbow Days’ YouTube page.
ABOUT RAINBOW DAYS: Rainbow Days is a Dallas-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Founded in 1982, Rainbow Days has a mission to help children and youth in adversity build coping skills and resilience to create positive futures. Through support groups, camps, mentored events and tangible items, Rainbow Days makes meaningful connections with more than 9,000 at-risk and homeless children and youth in the Dallas area annually. For more information, please visit www.rainbowdays.org or call (214) 887-0726.
(Sharon Adams, Adams Communications Public Relations, is honored to represent Rainbow Days, Inc. overall public relations and special events. If you would like to see your organization featured on Socialwhirl.com, email Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 972-773-9289.)