AWARE Announces Grant Recipients
(Photo: Research. Janet Broyles, President, AWARE and Christie Scardino, Chair, AWARE Affair gala, Celebrate The Moments, on Saturday, April 9, 2016.)
Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 9, 2016 for the annual gala AWARE Affair Celebrate the Moments
(October 6, 2015 – Dallas, TX) AWARE president Janet Broyles has announced the grant recipients for the 2015 – 2016 year. Applications were submitted from nonprofit organizations located in Dallas and Collin County which are working on the front lines in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease. The final selections have been made and the recipients are:
* Baylor AT&T Memory Center: Salary support for a Ph.D. Psychology Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Baylor AT&T Memory Center;
*Center for BrainHealth: Support for researching the efficacy of early intervention in Mild Cognitive Impairment with cognitive training;
*Center for Vital Longevity: Support for Dr. Denise Park’s online repository of data from the Dallas Lifespan Brain Study;
*Jewish Family Service: Salary support for a Clinical Social Worker to provide independent living services to adults with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias;
*Juliette Fowler Communities: Support for a music therapist to work with JFC memory care residents;
*UT Southwestern Medical Center: Support for Dr. Roger Rosenberg’s research on the development of a vaccine to prevent Alzheimer’s disease;
*Presbyterian Communities and Services Foundation: Support for the Grace Caring Fund, specifically to help residents with Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementias;
*Texas Winds Musical Outreach: Support for music programs for seniors with Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementias.
AWARE is dedicated to fighting Alzheimer’s disease, and its mission is to provide funding and support to nonprofit organizations that are working on the front lines to fight this disease in Dallas and the North Texas region. Through the grant application review process, AWARE selects the most outstanding groups that provide services, programs, education, and resources to those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, their families and caregivers, and to organizations doing valuable research to find a prevention and cure.
AWARE is proud to support nonprofit organizations that share its mission and are also dedicated to fighting Alzheimer’s disease. “Together we will make a difference.”
The grants are partially funded with proceeds from the annual fundraiser, AWARE Affair Celebrate the Moments, chaired by Christie Scardino happening on Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 6:30 pm at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas. The event features a silent and live auction, three course dinner and dancing to the fabulous Wayne Foster Entertainment from Los Angeles, which will delight the night with music genres spanning the decades along with a fabulous dance troupe to help take us back in time!
AWARE membership is open to the public. AWARE provides its members important opportunities to participate in a variety of ways to become engaged in the all-important fight to end Alzheimer’s disease.
* Network – Members participate in a network of individuals, many of whom have a personal experience with Alzheimer’s disease through a family member, friend, medical or other professionals in the field.
* Education – Members learn the latest information about the causes, treatment, and research on Alzheimer’s through meetings, field trips, and speakers.
* Resources – Members work collaboratively to share information and best practices in the compassionate care of loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease.
* Donations – Members know that grant recipients of the AWARE fund have been professionally vetted by The Dallas Foundation to ensure that money invested in our local community is leveraged for the best possible results in the fight to end Alzheimer’s disease.
For more information on AWARE Affair Celebrate the Moments, the grants and membership in the AWARE organization, visit the website at www.awaredallas.org
The Dallas Foundation, a 501(c)3 publicly supported charity, is the fiscal sponsor of AWARE.